Corvias, a long-term solutions and management partner to the U.S. military, shares the joy of the holiday season with residents by offering activities and events designed to spread merriment to military families who call its 13 installations home. Corvias values a caring partnership that gives back and prioritizing events such as these that enables families to gather in festive fellowship and to celebrate the season of giving.
“The holidays present a special occasion to contribute to our communities, to show our appreciation for residents and to support them, especially when a service member may be deployed,” said John Picerne, founder of Corvias and Corvias Foundation. “Corvias takes its commitment to residents to heart by making special plans for our military families to celebrate the season. We know that our military families may be far from their loved ones and we want to be part of the joy in their holiday season by giving back to them and their communities.”
Examples of holiday events taking place across the Corvias portfolio this month include:
- Food drives, in partnership with the USO, for local food banks
- Caroling at local senior communities and serving lunch at homeless shelters
- Coat drives, sock and glove collections, and adopt-a-family campaigns aimed at spreading cheer and giving back to the local community
- Holiday decoration contests, cookies and cocoa, letters to Santa, and tree lighting ceremonies
- Gift wrapping stations for complimentary present wrapping for residents
- Donations to local Spouses Clubs for scholarships
- Special events like a holiday parade at Fort Rucker featuring Mickey, Minnie and a host of other Disney characters riding on fire trucks. Residents can meet and take pictures with all their favorite friends
- Partnering with community organizations such as the Rick Herrema Foundation, a non-profit that works with military families near Fort Bragg, for community-wide events
Corvias’ partnership with the military extends beyond holiday activities for residents. Established in 2006, the Corvias Foundation, provides military families with annual scholarships, totaling more than $14 million, awarded to children and spouses. Additionally, Corvias continuously evaluates its internal operations to give back to residents, most recently, by launching The Corvias Commitment™ in February and announcing a $325 million capital investment in September. These programs offer excellent service for residents while funding improvements in modernization and renovations to homes across its military properties.
As a privately-owned company headquartered in East Greenwich, RI, Corvias partners with higher education and government institutions nationwide to solve their most essential systemic problems and create long-term, sustainable value through our unique approach to partnership. Corvias pursues the kinds of partnerships that materially and sustainably improve the quality of life for the people who call our communities home, purposefully choosing to partner with organizations who share our values and whose mission is to serve as the foundational blocks, or pillars, of our nation. To learn more, please visit: www.corvias.com
Alisa Capaldi, Corvias