Corvias, a long-term solutions and management partner to the U.S. military, honors servicemembers, residents and transitioning military this Veterans Day, the 100th year the holiday has been celebrated in America. Since its founding in 1998, Corvias has partnered with the U.S. Department of Defense to support military families and veterans by improving their quality of life with excellent service, housing, career opportunities and educational support.
“Commitment and care for our veterans, whether they are on active duty and have transitioned from military service, is at the very core of our company,” said John Picerne, founder of Corvias and Corvias Foundation. “Veterans Day is a time to reflect on these important members of our community who sacrifice so much for us and to take a moment to give back to the men and women who have dedicated their careers to protecting our freedoms.”
With a nationwide portfolio of 13 installations, Corvias serves the military members of its community and provides residents and veterans with company-wide programs geared to their unique experience in the military, including:
- Spending more than $150 million of sub-contract with veteran-owned businesses.
- Donations from Corvias employees of nearly $100,000 in 2019 to organizations in the communities where they live and work.
- Hiring graduates of the “Solar Ready Vets” program who have trained for careers in the solar industry as part of their transition from active duty.
- Placing veterans who have been locally-trained in electrical, carpentry and plumbing in permanent positions and jobs.
- Awarding 20 military spouses with scholarships of $5,000 each so they are better positioned to complete their degree(s).
- Providing University scholarships from the Corvias Foundation of up to $50,000, for eligible high school graduating children of active-duty servicemembers.
Corvias is grateful to serve members of the United States military and their families and is committed to supporting those in transition as well as veterans every day. Throughout 2019, Corvias has continuously reaffirmed its dedication to the military with the launch of The Corvias Commitment™ in February and the announcement of a $325 million capital investment into its military portfolio in September. Both initiatives will improve responsiveness and communication for first-class service to residents. Corvias’ capital investment will continue to fund improvements in service, as well as modernization and renovations to homes across its military properties.
Additionally, Corvias Foundation, established by Picerne in 2006, supports servicemember families of by awarding more than 430 scholarships, or nearly $14 million, to military children, spouses, and children of Corvias employees across 13 Army and Air Force installations.
Alisa Capaldi, Corvias
As a privately-owned company headquartered in East Greenwich, RI, Corvias partners with higher education and government institutions nationwide to solve their most essential systemic problems and create long-term, sustainable value through our unique approach to partnership. Corvias pursues the kinds of partnerships that materially and sustainably improve the quality of life for the people who call our communities home, purposefully choosing to partner with organizations who share our values and whose mission is to serve as the foundational blocks, or pillars, of our nation. To learn more, please visit: www.corvias.com